Small Grant Programme
The small grant programme awards grants to a maximum value of £5,000. The average award is £1,500.
Please check your eligibility by reading the eligibility criteria and answer the questions on the eligibility process page. If successful, you will be required to complete the online application form.
We suggest that you read through the application checklist and guidance notes before completing the online application form.
Application checklist and guidance notes
The notes contained in this section are intended to help applicants complete the online application form.
Please note that it is not possible to save a copy of your application form. Therefore, you are advised to carefully read the guidance notes before you start, assemble the information required, and refer to the relevant guidance note when responding to individual questions.
Please answer each question concisely in the box provided. Where possible, please use bullet points.
- Contact and organisation details - You will be required to provide your contact and organisation’s details, including, charitable purpose/objectives, full legal name and legal status, charity number, and if applicable a company number.
- Financial information – Please refer to your accounts for the last two financial years and give us your average annual income or turnover, and average level of reserves.
- Project Details - In no more than 50 words, please provide a brief description of the project / activity, project benefits, outcomes and outputs. Please list any tangible and intangible benefits you expect from your project / activity, who will receive those benefits and how many will benefit? For example if the project would benefit young people, please specify the age group and number of young people.
- ‘Outputs’ are services, products or facilities that would result from your project / activity, these are usually quantifiable. ‘Outcomes’ are the changes, benefits or learning that would result from your project/activity. Many of these will be tangible but there may be some ‘soft or intangible outcomes’ such as a change in attitude or confidence.
- Costs and sources of funding / partnership funding - we welcome any additional contribution you can offer or secure from other sources, as this will extend the influence, reach and leverage of the project/activity. Please tell us whether the funding is confirmed or not.
While you may apply anytime, applications submitted one month before the small grants committee meeting will be considered at the next meeting.
Please note that the Small Grants Committee will consider applications in February, May, July and October.
- Priority will be given to non-profit organisations of which HRH The Prince of Wales is Patron
- Assessment will be undertaken by an officer of The Prince of Wales’s Charitable Fund
- Awards will be decided by a Small Grants Committee
What happens if your application is successful?
- We will send you an award letter together with an award agreement and BACS form
- You must agree to the conditions of the grant by signing and returning the award agreement
- Payments will be made when the signed agreement and BACS forms are received
Additional information - applications from Churches and places of worship
- We require details of the history of the church or place of worship; and
- A photograph of the church or place of worship should be sent to The Company Secretary, The Prince of Wales's Charitable Fund, St. James's, London SW1A 1BA
Useful information for all applicants
- We will send you a confirmation email to acknowledge your application.
- The confirmation email would include a copy of the information submitted to The Prince of Wales's Charitable Fund.
- Successful applicants will be contacted a month after the Committee meeting.
- We aim to be a responsible, flexible grant-maker. Therefore, we will consider each application on its own merits.
- Grants will be awarded for a single financial year.
- A further application from a successful applicant will not normally be considered for a period of two years from the date of the last application.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within six months of sending your application then please consider your application has been unsuccessful.
- If you have any communication needs, please contact the Company Secretary, The Prince of Wales's Charitable Fund, St. James's, London SW1A 1BA or on 020 7930 4832.